Getting clear on your ‘Why’: Business & PR Strategist for creatives Catherine Orer on the fundamentals of promoting your work and finding your audience.
Catherine is an award-winning Business & PR Strategist and founder of The Artist Entrepreneur, where she counsels professional visual artists and creative entrepreneurs who want to build sustainable businesses and careers. This was a fantastic conversation just chock-full of practical, actionable strategies that you can use to help move your creative career forward. We cover a fantastic range of topics including:
- the importance of identifying your core values as an artist
- how these values can help you to then identify and connect with, and even sell to, your ideal audience
- we dig into what it means to be a ‘brand’ and why it may not be as negative as you think
- we talk about the basic formula for making sales
- the importance of educating your audience
- and so much more
This really is a treasure trove of information, so tune your ears!