Mike is an author, an entrepreneur, and he also conducts research into workplace wellness. So what does this mean, and how does it fit into the theme of play? Mike has created some fantastic tools for measuring and assessing how you spend your time – in order to live a more deliberate life – and this includes simple things you can start doing today to put more fun into your life.
Some of the topics we cover include:
- why a ‘balanced life’ is a fallacy
- we explore Mike’s Play Model, which offers a helpful vocabulary for categorizing different activities in your life
- using a time log to really focus on how you’re spending your time, and where you might be able to, as Mike puts it, “sprinkle a little more fun into your life”
- how to be more proactive and avoid waiting for pain to move you into action
- how Mike uses long-term goal setting to create the life he wants now, and in the future (and ensuring that he has fun along the way).
Plus, Mike leaves us with a challenge to take some of the ideas in this conversation and apply them to your own life, by examining how you spend the 168 hours of your week.
If you’ve ever heard the saying that “life is about the journey, and not the destination” and wondered how to have more fun along the journey, there are definitely some ideas in this conversation that will be of interest.